Development of a Sterilizer Chamber Control System for the Medical Industry
Digital Dynamics® specializes in custom process control systems designed to help our customers maximize quality and efficiency. This sterilizer chamber control system was developed for our customer in the medical industry. The control system automated the valve control process in order to regulate the mixture of gases, chamber pressure, temperature, and humidity in the sterilization chamber and was designed to perform all standard sterilization cycles and recipes.
Our engineering group took the product concept through the design process including creating detailed CAD models and drawings. Our experienced programmers worked with the FDA requirements to include the FDA validation package in the software. All technical documentation was created for the customer including the operation, installation, and maintenance manuals, as well as schematics, and CAD detail drawings. Finally, the finished design was manufactured by our in-house manufacturing group. The 20"x 24"x6" housing enclosure was completely sealed and equipped with exterior cooling fins to allow installation in a rugged environment while ensuring minimal heat buildup inside the chamber.
Automating the sterilization process greatly benefited our customer in many ways. Because the control system constantly monitors the environment in the chamber, less manual labor is required to run the chamber and multiple chambers can be run simultaneously, delivering major savings in both time and cost. Our thorough testing of the system and compliance with all FDA regulations ensured that our customer was getting a reliable system that they could trust. For more information about this custom process controls project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Highlights of this Custom Process Controls Project
- Product Description
- This product line was developed to automate valve control and regulate the mixture of gasses to sterilize medical products.
- Custom Process Control Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Designing/Product Development
- Create Concepts
- Create CAD Models and CAD Detail Drawings
- Operation/Installation Manual
- Maintenance Manual
- CAD Detail Drawings
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 20"x 24"x6"
- It senses and controls:
- Chamber Pressure
- Humidity and Temperature
It performs all common sterilization cycles & recipes.
Enclosure is completely sealed and equipped with exterior cooling fins to allow installation in rugged manufacturing environments
- Precise mixture/recipe control
- Created efficiency by automating a system to operate more units simultaneously
- Saved $ by eliminating manual labor
- Saved time
- Proven reliable system
- Includes the required FDA software validation package
- Low-power cool-running components are used to minimize heat buildup in the chamber monitoring box, contributing to long-life and high reliability.
- In process testing/inspection performed
- 100% Test
- Industry for Use
- Delivery Location
- Multiple Locations, USA
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, CAD Drawing, NEMA 4X
- Product Name
- ANTARES® Sterilizer Process Control & Monitoring System