Located in Scotts Valley, California, on the redwood-forested Southern perimeter of Silicon Valley, Digital Dynamics’ core business is founded on sophisticated control systems engineering, high quality manufacturing and comprehensive customer support. DIGITAL DYNAMICS manufactures a broad product line of innovative OEM control System Products that are critical to the success of demanding precision electronics fabrication.
System Validation EngineerDigital Dynamics is seeking an experienced System Validation Engineer to support our growing business. As a System Validation Engineer you will write code to automate testing of our advanced industrial IO systems. You’ll have a pivotal role in designing and implementing test automation systems in an environment where everything counts - security, reliability, scalability, and performance. The ideal candidate will have defined test strategies for complex products and understand how quality and coverage factors affect unit, integration, functional, smoke, regression, and end-to-end tests.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Be a technical leader within the engineering team
• Design and develop tools and infrastructure for testing our products
• Understand our customer use cases and challenges
• Help us thoroughly qualify and deliver high-quality software releases, on-time
• Use their excellent interpersonal skills to solicit relevant information from hardware and software engineers to develop automatic tests
Your background should include:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
• 5+ years of software or test software development
• Embedded systems experience using Linux or RTOS
• Programming experience in C/C++
• Familiarity with test concepts: white-/black-/grey-box testing, acceptance/regression test, system integration test
• Knowledge of open source tools and frameworks around testing
• Being well-versed in techniques for automating the testing of complex hardware and firmware systems
To be successful in this position you will need passion for excellence, and knowledge of what it means to ship high quality products.
If you are qualified and interested in this job opportunity please submit a resume to email@example.com for consideration. Relocation assistance is not available.
Embedded Software Engineer
Digital Dynamics is looking for a professional Embedded Software Engineer with an electrical engineering degree to execute the complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems.
• Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
• Design, develop, code, test and debug software for performing diagnostics on hardware
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs
• Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Assess third party and open source software
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Proven working experience in software engineering
• Strong knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Solid programming experience in C/C++
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
Highly Desired Experience
• Control Systems with high performance Digital and Analog Input and Output
• EtherCAT communication protocol
• QNX operating system
• Embedded Linux
• Expert knowledge in control strategies such as PID
If you are qualified and interested in this job opportunity please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Relocation assistance is not available. Please; no phone calls.
Supply Chain / Supplier Quality Manager
This dual role of Supply Chain/Supplier Quality Manager plays a vital role selecting and working with OEM and Off-the-Shelf-Component suppliers. The Supply Chain/Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for sourcing and supplying materials and developing the supply chain to meet the technical, commercial and quality goals of the company. In this role you will lead a team of buyers, lead supplier selection and manage the approved vendor list. You will develop commodity strategies to ensure scalability, timely, cost-effective procurement, and sustained quality of materials, and then develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material purchasing strategies to reduce costs. You will also coordinate with the Manufacturing Manager and the Finance Manager to establish inventory policies that meet the strategic goals of the company.
At Digital Dynamics, the Supply Chain/Supplier Quality Manager works with suppliers to manage and improve their processes, drive operational excellence in supply chain operations, and participate in continuous improvement programs. In this role, you will coordinate with the Quality Control Manager to manage return of defective parts and work with suppliers on corrective actions. You will regularly visit key suppliers to review the quality factors of their performance, promote successful resolution, and manage the continuous improvement activities between Digital Dynamics and the suppliers. You will monitor quality performance of suppliers and report quality metrics to DIGITAL DYNAMICS management. Finally, you will ensure that suppliers meet our industry-specific processes, standards and objectives for material and process management, on-time delivery and out-of-box quality.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum 15 years of experience in a supply chain, operations, or production/planning environment.
• Significant experience directly engaging with suppliers, including travel to their facilities
• Minimum 5 years managing supply chain personnel
• Define and monitor supplier performance metrics
• Evaluate and report supplier performance
• Benchmark supplier performance with industry standards
• Identify risks associated within the selected supplier base
• Drive continuous supplier process and performance improvement related to procurement, inventory control
(e.g., JIT, Kanban, Supplier Managed Inventory) capacity planning and manufacturing strategies
• Work on escalations and delivery improvements
• Drive lead time reduction efforts
• Lead cost reduction efforts
• Create presentations and process flow charts to support continuous process improvement programs
• Encourage supplier involvement in highly technical/contractually complex, new product part designs using the suppliers’ expertise to optimize quality
• Work with engineering and the supplier to resolve complex problems to ensure on time delivery of critical material
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant industry trends
If you are qualified and interested in this job opportunity please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please, no phone calls.
Digital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer